You can’t beat a good stir fry!! I for one have had my fill of turkey so I found some frozen prawns at the bottom of the freezer. Along with what vegetables I have left, a stir fry is one of the easiest meals to make. But please do not go and ruin all that healthy stuff by adding a packet of processed stir fry sauce!! Make your own, its so easy to add flavour without having to drown all the goodness in a sauce that is probably packed with sugar and additives. As with all the recipes that I post the end result is what suits my taste, so please feel free to adjust to your own personal taste. This recipe will make 2 servings.
200g king prawns (fresh or frozen )
I red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 lime (juiced)
1 red chilli
1tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp soy sauce (low sodium one)
1 tbsp all purpose seasoning (salt free, I use the Gym Chef one , you can buy it online http://www.bodyfirst.ie)
1 tbsp Worchester sauce
Handful of fresh coriander
250g Medium Egg Noodles ( I’m using the sharwoods brand)
- Firstly make the marinade for the prawns with the lime juice, ginger and chilli. Leave prawns to marinade for as long as possible to get the full flavour!
- Peel and chop all your vegetables.
- In a wok heat up half a tablespoon of the toasted sesame oil, fry off the onion, garlic, peppers and carrot and toss around for about 3-4 mins.
- Add in the prawns and the marinade along with the soy sauce, all purpose seasoning and Worcester sauce. This should only take about 3- 4 mins as you do not want to overcook the prawns!
- In a saucepan, boil some water and add the noodles and cook for about 4 mins, remove from the water and toss them in the remaining toasted sesame oil. Add them into the prawns and veg and add some chopped fresh coriander!